We are currently looking for an experienced, Ward Clerk to fulfil an opportunity based in Ashford and Canterbury. This role is being offered on a temporary to permanent basis, to allow time for the onboarding process to complete.
The role: To provide Ward Reception Services for all visitors and telephone callers. You will reflect a professional and polite manner whilst providing clerical and administrative support to clinical staff.
Hours: 37.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm, working across 2 sites.
Furthermore, the role will also involve:
• Meeting and greeting patients/visitors in a warm, friendly and professional manner
• Maintaining accurate medical record systems
• Dealing with and administrative issues on admission
• Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
• Develop in depth service knowledge and offer information about the services to our patients/visitors
• Handle enquiries from existing and prospective patients/visitors professionally with digression
• Ensure all computer systems are kept up to date at all times e.g. EDN, NJR, Patient Centre and Compucare
• To return all NHS notes back to medical records after discharge. Return all Private and Choose and Book notes to the relevant departments
• Ensure that all admission packs and notes are ready for the patients pre-assessment
• Participate in in-house training sessions and attend meetings and discussions when required
• To carry out any other duties as requested by the Hospital Manager/Customer Service Manager to facilitate the smooth running of the ward reception
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
• Previous experience within a similar role
• Proven experience within medical industry
• Strong administrative skills
• Software knowledge – Compucare/Patient Centre
• Excellent IT skills – Word, Excel and Outlook
• Excellent communication skills
• Polite and confident on the telephone
• Team Player
This is a really exciting, on-going, temporary opportunity to work with a very successful organisation and really help deliver a fantastic service.
Apply today and don’t miss out!