My client, a leading national charity, are currently seeking a Campaigns and Communications Manager.
Purpose of the role
Leading the development and delivery of the charity's campaign and media strategies to build public awareness and engagement with the charities mission, vision and activities. The role will enable the charity to build upon relationships with all external stakeholders and decision-makers to support the charity achieve its aims, including their widening influencing agenda and fundraising activities.
This is a multifaceted role with lots of responsibilities including management of campaigns, communications, marketing and the press.
This is a permanent, full-time role based in Sidcup with hybrid working- presence in the office is required three times a week.
Key responsibilities include:
* Creating, implementing, and delivering a sustainable Marketing Strategy that is aligned to the charity's strategic objectives and raising the profile of the charity across the UK.
* Working closely with teams across the charity and its trading subsidiary service areas to deliver an implementation plan that supports the Marketing Strategy and creates a sustainable model for the organisation.
* Manage the public affairs activities for the charity as key point of contact for external public affairs agencies and other stakeholders.
* Oversee the development of collateral such as e-newsletters and professional publications, from copy development through to design and print.
* Oversee all media relations activity, including national, regional and trade press to raise awareness of the organisation and promote its work, as well as respond to relevant news as it happens.
* Manage the performance and development of the team and volunteers, to ensure that they align with the overall objectives of the organisation and individual objectives are ambitious, proactive and embody the organisation's vision, mission, and values at all times.
* Ability to work flexibly and out of hours as is required by the role and travel where necessary.
* Minimum of 3 year's successful public affairs, campaigns and/or communications activities.
* Experience of proactive and reactive media relations, with demonstrational results and impact.
* An experienced manager of people with the ability to delegate effectively.
* Experience in setting, managing, and delivering finances within approved budgets.
* Experience in understanding of UK Government and Parliamentary Affairs, including knowledge of how to use Parliamentary processes and procedures to implement a campaign.
* Knowledge of CRM systems.
If this sounds like the ideal role for you, please apply now!
Connect2Staff/Connect2Kent, part of Commercial Services Trading/Kent Ltd, is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.