Job Title: Service Manager
Location: Sandwich with occasional travel within East Kent
Exciting opportunity for an experienced Service Manager with account/ casework management experience to move into charity work. This respected organisation is a source of information and support to the public across East Kent, working on established projects with the County Council.
This is an interesting role working as part of the management team to ensure excellent performance against agreed KPIs, within a supportive environment offering growth and development opportunities for the right candidate.
* Responsibility for managing a team of support staff, including working with the wider management team to meet identified training and upskilling opportunities.
* Supporting and promoting a culture of change and continuous improvement, managing expectations, and handling difficult conversations where needed.
* Managing, evaluating, and reporting on service delivery utilising appropriate data collection tools and methods.
* Ensuring adherence to policy, procedure, and regulatory/ statutory requirements, including risk assessments.
* Working alongside wider management team to support the development of a stakeholder engagement system in order to shape future service development.
* Proactively identifying potential challenges and risks to on target service delivery and managing or escalating these as appropriate.
* Demonstrating the organisation's values and ethos throughout all behaviours and communications.
* Managing costs and budgets to ensure best value and service delivery within plan.
The successful candidate will have:
* Experience of managing and supervising staff across multiple workstreams.
* A track record of achieving contractual standards and performance measures within clearly defined policies and procedures.
* A strong understanding of safe and effective management of confidential and sensitive matters, as well as high standards of personal integrity.
* A flexible and resilient personality, enjoying work under pressure and the challenge of managing emotional/ difficult situations in a positive manner.
* Excellent leadership, motivation, and persuasion qualities supported by confident presentation skills.
* A positive attitude, comfortable with lone working and occasional work outside office hours.
* Full driving licence and own transport.
In taking on this Service Manager role, you will be joining a not-for-profit organisation that delivers a service which makes a real difference to people's lives. In return, you are offered training and development, and an employee assistance programme.
If you feel you meet the above criteria, please apply online for immediate consideration.
This role is being handled by Leah Hall, Business Support Consultant for Pearson Whiffin Recruitment.
Not quite the right role but still looking?
Whether you are entry or Executive level, our team of experienced Recruitment specialists can help you with your career. We are Kent's leading independent consultancy and pride ourselves on delivering an exceptional service to both candidates and clients.
Find us on Facebook @PearsonWhiffinRecruitment and Instagram @PearsonWhiffinRecruitment.
By working with us, you will be helping support charities across Kent; we have raised over £50,000 so far!