Salary £22,183 - £25,481 Pro rata depending on experience
We are looking for Key Worker's to join our client's team based in Broadstairs on a temporary - permanent basis.
The successful Key Worker will be working 41 hours per week, 38 weeks per year. This role includes split shifts, and you will be required to work weekends.
This role would suit someone who wishes to grow and would be looking to achieve a Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare.
Responsibilities of Assistant Key Worker
* Help define, develop, and cater to student's Individual Education Plans and support the keeping of progress records
* Contribute the growth of the organisation and carrying out of activity plans for individual and groups of children/young people, drawing on new ideas to promote young people's self-confidence, independence, and resilience.
* Be part of the daily routines of life at home, including supporting young people with intimate personal care, household tasks.
* Work effectively and professionally with all stakeholders and team in a manner that represents our values.
* Act as a team player with a keen belief in the nurturing of others and self-improvement
* Work and act with the young persons interest/safety and development central to all other actions
* GCSE English Language at grade C or above (or a commitment to achieve the Certificate in Adult Literacy Level 2 within probationary period)
* Commit to achieving Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare withing 2 years of start date
* Be familiar with the Children's Act 2004 and statutory guidance (Working Together, 2015) in relation to child protection
* Previous experience working with young adults would be very useful for this position
* Have a good knowledge of safeguarding children and young people as this applies to the role within the organisation
* A Knowledge and understanding of the Quality Standards as set out in the National Children Homes Regulations 2015 and Working Together 2015 would be highly desirable for the role
About Morgan Jones:
Due to the high volume of applicants applying for all roles, we can only reply to candidates with the most relevant skills and experience. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
To view other great opportunities, visit our website or follow Morgan Jones on your favourite social networks - Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn.