As project manager of our housing management service, you will ensure that Porchlight homelessness properties across Kent meet the charity’s high standards. You will lead a small team of housing management assistants, making sure that all Porchlight properties comply with legislation and regulatory standards around housing compliance.
The team is also responsible for ensuring new Porchlight properties are ready for occupation, voids (empty bed spaces) are kept to a minimum, and any tenancy-related issued are being addressed.
This role is ideally suited to someone with experience of the housing sector and managing a team. It’s a fast-paced but rewarding job where you can make a real difference to the lives of vulnerable people in Kent.
The role requires:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the housing sector or property management
- Experience of managing and leading a team
- Knowledge of legislation and regulatory standards around housing compliance
- A flexible, responsive approach to solving issues
- Good communication skills and the ability to prioritise competing demands
- The ability to manage a budget
- A full driving licence and access to a car (subject to the provisions of the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 and Equality Act 2010).
Interview date: 6th July 2021
Location: Canterbury, Margate or Dover. To be agreed upon appointment
Working Pattern: 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday with some flexibility required
About Porchlight: Porchlight is a charity supporting people who are homeless, vulnerable and isolated. At Porchlight, we are passionate about helping vulnerable people to reach their full potential. We strive for a fairer society where vulnerable people find stability, the most excluded are included, and where homelessness and poverty are things of the past.
Employee Benefits: As a member of the Porchlight team, you will have access to a wide range of employee benefits including:
- Free life insurance
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing to 30 days after 5 years service) pro rata
- Porchlight pension scheme (contributions matched up to 7%)
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme and trained Mental Health First Aider's