Salary: £34,804 to £39,152 per annum pro rata
Grade: Grade 7
Post Type: Full Time
Contract Type: Fixed Term - 9 Months - Maternity cover
Release Date: Wednesday 02 June 2021
Closing Date: 23.59 hours BST on Sunday 20 June 2021 (unless otherwise stated)
Interview Date: Tuesday 29 June 2021
Are you passionate about providing first class careers advice and guidance to students and graduates?
The Careers and Employability Service has a fixed term maternity cover opportunity for a Careers Adviser to support the University in its mission to provide students with the best possible preparation for their future lives, as part of the Kent 2025 Strategy.
You will achieve this through the provision of targeted support and guidance services, enabling students and graduates from a wide range of disciplines to make informed decisions about their future.
Your experience of providing effective careers information and advice within higher education will be key, along with good knowledge of the graduate labour markets on a local, regional, national and international basis. You will be comfortable using data to make informed decisions to help boost positive outcome levels and to achieve targets.
As a Careers Adviser you will:
• deliver high quality, professional careers advice to students and graduates, both in a 1-2-1 setting using a variety of methods, and via group sessions and workshops
• deliver specific projects and activities related to careers, employability or placements that enhance the work of the Careers and Employability Service and the student experience
• actively engage in personal and professional development to ensure the information, advice and guidance provided is current and industry-leading
To be successful in this role you will have:
• a first degree and/or substantial experience in a similar or related role and a professional qualification in careers guidance, or be willing to work towards one
• relevant experience of providing effective careers education, information, advice and guidance to higher education students and graduates including the delivery of 1-2-1 and group sessions
• experience of working with a diverse client group encompassing a broad age-range and from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds
• exceptional organisational, planning and evaluation skills
The award winning Careers and Employability Service (CES) offers a range of information, advice and guidance services to undergraduate and postgraduate students at the University.
The University of Kent is a distinctive and attractive place to work. We employ around 6,000 staff, including academic and research staff and a full range of support and administration staff. Our stunning main campus in Canterbury, Kent was founded in 1965 and is set among green and tranquil open space overlooking the spectacular Cathedral. Our staff enjoy competitive salaries, an occupational pension scheme, generous holiday entitlements and a great working environment.
Please see the links below to view the full job description and also to apply for this post. If you require further information regarding the application process please contact the Resourcing Team on [email protected] quoting ref number: OTR-122-21