An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone who wishes to be part of a successful legal practice in Canterbury. We are looking for a Registration Officer to join our team as soon as possible.
Direction Law currently employs in excess of 150 people over four sites: Canterbury, London, Wells and Birmingham. We offer a variety of legal services to clients.
The purpose of this role is to support the team in the effective delivery of client service in a timely manner and to administer daily work to a high standard and to make an excellent contribution to the financial success of the Post Completions Registration Team.
• To receive files following Completion and undertake a pre-submission inspection of the file for the purposes of land registration. Reporting to and liaising with Team Leader on all files received and acting under instructions of the Team Manager or as he may direct.
• Identifying major defects and administering and correcting minor defects.
• Acting at all times so as to minimise unnecessary land registry requisitions.
• Undertake all necessary land registry searches and maintaining land registry priorities at all material times.
• Submitting land registry applications in a timely fashion and in accordance with Direction Law protocols.
• Upload and download all necessary information as required by the LMS system and Stars System of monitoring.
• Carry out all necessary correspondence in a timely fashion to promote an efficient and speedy submission to HM Land Registry.
• Maintain and use an accurate monitoring system for chasing responses to correspondence and to productively secure satisfactory replies to correspondence.
• Deal in a timely fashion with all requisitions raised by HM Land Registry.
• Specifically report on any issues that are incorrect or require investigation to the Team Manager or as he may direct.
• Participate in all training programmes initiated by the Team Manager or as he may direct.
• Report all material issues of concern to the Team Manager or as he may direct.
• To adhere to policies and procedures of the Firm.
• To administer daily work within the restrictions of GDPR, Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme and Solicitors Regulation Authority.
• To undertake additional tasks as deemed reasonable to meet the needs of the team in the delivery of excellent client service.
Acting at all material times in the best interest of Direction Law this job requires an eye for detail and a high concentration level for the purpose of assessing completion files, completing and submitting land registry applications together with a capacity to carefully consider other aspects of all files that are received after Completion has taken place.
We are able to offer a competitive salary to the right candidate and the opportunity to develop a career within a legal environment. We are a hard working team with a ‘can do’ approach to providing outstanding service and so we welcome applications from likeminded people. The ideal candidate will have experience of dealing with land registry.
If you are interested in this position and would like to be considered, please send your CV with covering email as soon as possible.
To apply for the role you must be eligible to work in the UK.