General Office Assistant
Direction Law is a firm proudly built on relationships. With a staff of over 150, and with 40 years of experience, we are a niche firm offering a range of conveyancing and other legal services to Private Individuals, Housing Providers and Business clients.
An exciting opportunities has arisen in our Central Services department in our Canterbury office for a General Office Assistant, working Monday – Friday, 8.30am-5.00pm. As General Office Assistant, you will support the team in the effective delivery of client service in a timely manner as well as administer daily work to a high standard and make an excellent contribution to the financial success of the business.
• Provide a courier service between Direction Law offices to deliver post, files, stationary and general items;
• Assist with incoming and outgoing post (including DX collection and delivery);
• Manage office stationary – inventory, ordering and delivery;
• Manage general housekeeping supplies – inventory, ordering and delivery;
• Assist with Health and Safety in the workplace, e.g. conduct new starter DSE assessments, replenish first aid boxes, conduct daily safety checks;
• Undertake general office maintenance as directed by the Facilities Manager;
• Assist with office moves;
• Provide adhoc cover for reception, as required;
• Adhere to policies and procedures of the Firm;
• Administer daily work within the restrictions of GDPR, Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme and Solicitors Regulation Authority;
• Willingly undertake additional tasks as deemed reasonable to meet the needs of the team in the delivery of excellent service.
• Aged over 21 or 3 years clean full driving licence in order to drive company vehicle;
• Manual lifting, e.g. tables, chairs, boxes of files;
• Basic computer skills – Outlook, Word, Excel;
• Good telephone manner
We are a hard working team with a ‘can do’ approach to providing outstanding service, so we welcome applications from likeminded people.
To apply for the role you must be eligible to work in the UK.
No agencies, thank you.