An exciting opportunity has arisen for an HR Administrator to join our Central Services team as soon as possible. This role covers full time hours 8.30 – 17.00 and will be based at our head office in Canterbury, working alongside the HR Manager.
Direction Law currently employs in excess of 150 people over four sites; Canterbury, London, Wells and Birmingham. We are looking for someone who is passionate about supporting our very busy HR function as we continue to grow.
To be considered for the role you should have worked in the HR environment as an HR Administrator covering general HR matters for a minimum of 12 months, preferably hold CIPD Level 3 and be thinking taking a further CIPD qualification to enhance your knowledge and skills. Previous experience in a professional services setting, such as a law firm or accountancy practice, would be an advantage but not essential.
To be successful in this role you will need to be highly organised but also adaptable in order to meet the needs of the business. You should be confident in communicating with people face-to-face, on the telephone or by email, and be great at building professional relationships. You should be able to demonstrate good problem solving skills, be happy to use your initiative appropriately and most importantly be a great multi-tasker.
Alongside the usual day to day HR administration you will be expected to take ownership of our new HR self-service system, so you need to have excellent IT skills and enjoy developing processes which will support the needs of the teams. As you will use Microsoft Office as part of your daily work you must be proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Finally the ability to remain positive, good humoured and adopt a professional approach at all times is essential. There is no doubt that HR can often be challenging!
This is a varied role but the main responsibilities are:
- Undertaking general HR administration
- Day to day ownership of the HR self-service system and maintenance
- Providing staff training for HR self-service system
- Acting as first point of contact for general staff queries
- Assisting with the recruitment and onboarding process
- Liaising with team leaders in relation to probationary reviews
- Managing the annual performance review process
- Assisting with the monthly payroll
- Booking training events and maintaining records as required by the SRA
- Preparing reports as requested by HR Manager
- Attending meetings as note taker
- Working with the HR Manager to promote good HR practice across the business
- Assisting HR Manager with improvements to HR efficiency and service
- Other reasonable duties to support the Central Services team
This is a perfect opportunity for someone who wishes to be part of a hard working team, who consistently adopts a ‘can do’ approach to supporting the business and providing outstanding service.
If you would like to be considered for the role please send your CV with a covering letter as soon as possible please.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role.
No agencies please.