W.E Roberts is offering the exciting opportunity for a Forklift Driver to join our leading corrugated cardboard manufacturing firm based in Northfleet. The right candidate will be an experienced Fork-Lift Driver with a Counterbalance forklift licence who is a hardworking, dedicated and reliable individual who is flexible and willing to learn and take on new skills. We currently have a vacancy for our 2pm to 10pm (Monday to Friday) shift.
Due to the nature of the role you must be physically fit and flexible in your approach to work and tasks.
Duties for the role will include:
• ensuring that the truck they are driving is in a safe condition and all pre drive checks have been carried out and recorded;
• taking finished product out of the conversion building ;
• loading finished product onto the lorries;
• putting straps over pallets on lorries;
• ensuring that you clear the palletiser line of finished work;
• ensuring that exits/fire exits are kept clear and accessible at all times;
• and any other duties as authorised and necessitated by the needs of the business.
Key Requirements for the role:
• counterbalance forklift license is essential (please do not apply if you are not qualified for this position)
• previous forklift experience is desirable though not essential;
• able to speak English (to a standard);
• physically fit;
• willing to work shifts;
• willing to learn;
• hard working; and