Are you passionate for your field, value working together with others, curious about what you don’t know and have a can do attitude?
We are looking for a Development Manger to join our leadership team. As Development Manager, your primary objective will be the development, release and support of product features to the Product Owner's requirements, ensuring ongoing best-practice continuously improving delivery so that Product Owner and senior team see effective delivery of software and systems development, in line with business and client driven requirements.
Tribe provide the UK’s biggest brands with a true picture of their digital channels’ health, stability and capacity. Tribe support clients in managing digital performance and improving user experience. Tribe bridge the gap between business and technology teams by providing a common language, in depth analysis, intuitive reporting and comprehensive client support.
Based in the historic city of Canterbury, Kent. Our office is 2 minutes from the town centre, bus station, 5 minutes from Canterbury East railway station and 15 minutes from Canterbury West railway station.
● Competitive salary
● 25 days paid holiday, plus statutory holidays
● Hours of work: Mon-Fri 09:00-17:30
● Company pension: employee and employer contributions
● Social activities: Pool table and games console for use during rest breaks, daily refreshments provided within kitchen facility, monthly pizza lunch on 3rd Tuesday, annual Christmas meal
You will ensure all members of the various development teams understand and share the primary objective and that there is ongoing continuous improvement.
You will paint a picture of ongoing best practise development, that the development team buy into.
You will manage the development team supporting each member’s personal growth and training
You will ensure data is available that provides objective evidence of performance, for all team members to understand and work to
You will ensure software development methodology, processes and practices are of the highest quality and standards
You will ensure appropriate tooling and infrastructure for development.
You will represent the Development Teams at leadership meetings, including reporting on performance against appropriate metrics and manage the development team budget.
Leadership / people skills:
● Strong leadership skills in order to motivate and lead the team effectively and ensure that each development team member has the knowledge they need to do their jobs well
● Strong interpersonal skills, to enable effective communication with the development team,
● Effective communicator
● Active listener
● At least 3 years-experience in team management
● Work well as part of a team, to take on tasks during busier periods to help colleagues, and to be of assistance or offer guidance to other members of staff
Excellent management skills
Analytical / logical skills
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a computer science or subject
● Software development experience
● Analytical skills and the ability to interpret information from numerous sources to prepare and present reports that include potential solutions to business problems
● Sysadmin and Devops
● Stack technologies (https://stackshare.io/thinktribe/thinktribe)
Please send us your CV including a statement explaining why you believe you are the best candidate for the role.
Closing date for applications is 13 November 2019
Interviews week commencing 2 December 2019