• Experience in design within the construction industry – working as an Architectural Technician, CAD Technician in construction
• Practically-minded approach
• Able to work at pace and accurately including on complex projects
• Knowledge of Building Regulations & British Standards and how to apply them.
• You will have the ability to drive the project forward, communicating well with other departments and react quickly and decisively to change, helping to deliver projects successfully
Responsibilities within the role
• Manage the detailed design process liaising with internal staff, and supply chain as required
• Production of detailed design drawings and information using AutoCad
• Manage design risk and monitor its mitigation through design Risk Assessments
• Ensure that Group Standards and Quality standards are complied with.
• Ensure design is compliant with legislation and employers requirements
• Coordinating design information between supply chain
• Produce clear and accurate working drawings for workshop production.
• Site visits – Check measure of design layout.
• Ensure any issues/queries are dealt with in timely manner to keep projects within lead times.
• Reporting to the Surveyor and Project Manager(s)
Knowledge, skill and abilities needed for this position
• AutoCAD software experience in Construction Industry required.
• Excellent teamwork, organization and communication skills
• Strong analytical skills and an eye for detail
• Diploma in Mechanical Engineering and Computer Aided Design
• The ability to work to tight deadlines