Vanquis is the largest dedicated specialist ‘low and grow’ credit card issuer in the UK. We serve customers who are sometimes excluded by the bigger high street banks, which makes us unique. We try to improve the finances of our customers and in improving this we put them on a journey to potentially better lives.
We’ve achieved some amazing results and are proud of how we’ve helped over 4 million customers since 2002.
Your Team and Role
We’re excited to have someone new come and join our HR Services Team in Chatham, providing a professional and efficient HR Coordinator service. Day to day you’ll take responsibility for administration of the full life cycle of our employees. This will include the administration of on boarding for new employees, dealing with internal moves and implementing relevant changes right up to processing any leavers from the business. That may sound straight forward but, with over 1,600 employees across 3 sites, you’ll always be busy. The ability to prioritise, work to deadlines and not just follow processes, but question and improve them, is so important. We’re looking for someone who really understands what it means to own their workload and be proud of the work they produce.
Will you thrive?
Your strong administrative and organisational skills will help you to support our colleagues across the whole business. To be successful in this role you will specifically possess:
• A proven track record within a busy and varied HR Coordinator (or similar) role
• Your organisation skills must be second to none, coupled with the ability to adapt to a fast changing working environment
• You’ll be able to prioritise your own workload and incorporate change and shifting priorities at short notice
• Attention to detail and accuracy are essential in this role
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are essential as you’ll be dealing with all employees and 3rd parties
• The ability to navigate various systems confidently with particular skill using Microsoft Office applications to a high level
• Awareness of Payroll would be a distinct advantage
What’s in it for you?
• Because our people do such a great job, we’ve put together an attractive, competitive salary and benefits package for everyone including; generous holiday entitlement; participation in a discretionary bonus scheme, pension scheme; Share purchase plans, private medical cover plus many more
• Opportunity - You’ll be part of a wider HR team where you’ll have exposure to various HR disciplines which will help to build your skills and offer both career development and advancement
• Fantastic working environments (all of our offices are bright and modern with up to the minute technologies at your disposal)
• There are numerous social and sporting occasions at Vanquis and we also offer volunteering and fundraising opportunities through our Active Community programme. You can find out more about what it’s like to work at Vanquis from our Instagram page.
• A fun place to work!