Product Owner - Web/Mobile - Agile - Digital
Vanquis Bank is an exciting and innovative credit card provider who is part of a leading FTSE 250 Financial Group. With highly ambitious plans for future growth.
Here at Vanquis we do, and it’s what we believe has contributed most to our success.
Our business has grown so much since we started in 2002 and we’ve achieved this growth by encouraging our employees to put ideas forward, make decisions and constantly improve the service we provide for our customers.
Reporting into senior management you will be an integral part of the product delivery team helping us develop and deliver outstanding digital products. You will develop a thorough understanding of the customer’s needs, actively manage stakeholders and have a good working knowledge of how software is developed and deployed
• Work with business stakeholders to translate their requirements into a roadmap
• Prioritise the product backlog and make difficult decisions formed from a strong fact base
• Collaborate within a team of Product Owners, Business Analysts and Project Managers to align product roadmaps, delivery schedules, and capabilities
• Identify and communicate on-going understanding and awareness of competitor activity and relevant industry trends
• Work with business leads to develop the business case for the products on-going development and to continually push for achievement of commercial targets
• Identify and drive through short-term initiatives that improve the performance of the product alongside longer term projects
• Work with business stakeholders to define and track key product performance indicators (KPIs), as well as release-specific success metrics
• Analysing figures, pulling out the insights and making decisions based on data.
• Provide customer and business context to the delivery team and explore creative solutions, whilst simultaneously ensuring the team delivers against scope and time commitments
• Work with the Customer Insight and UX/UI teams to incorporate quantitative and qualitative Customer data and research into product iterations and optimization roadmaps. Promote and support a test and learn culture, sharing the findings throughout the business
• Assist with production troubleshooting and problem resolution as needed in support of the continued success of the product
• Developing plans to convince customers to self-serve rather than call the contact centre. You’ll need to convince your internal stakeholders that your ideas and recommendations will work and reach our goals.
• Active participant in weekly leadership meetings, providing insight and commentary to the success, challenges and opportunities of the digital business.
• You'll have a proven track of developing web/mobile based applications
• You'll have sound experience of working with external systems and partners as well as experience in developing and implementing strategic improvements
• You'll have excellent analytical skills, able to see the bigger picture and translate into actionable tasks
• You'll drive for results - take on challenging objectives and successfully overcome obstacles to deliver significant results
• You'll be able to create focussed direction around compliance, driving a culture of business as usual
• You'll have excellent communication skills, able to build strong working relationships both within the business and with external stakeholders
• You'll have strong influencing skills while acting ethically at all times
• You'll be able to work from your own initiative but also be able to drive priorities of others
To apply for this role please visit our website:
Please note: once the closing date has been reached we will review all CVs. Should we wish to progress your application we will contact you within four weeks of the closing date. If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.
On occasion we identify alternative roles that may be suitable for applicants and therefore we may retain your CV for up to six months for this purpose. If you do not wish us to contact you or hold your CV on file for six months please contact us. We welcome applications from every area of the community, regardless of age, gender, race, nationality, colour, ethnic origin, disability, sexuality, religion or beliefs, and believe that everyone should be treated fairly and consistently. We are TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) ambassadors and believe that everything we do as a company should benefit our