Job Title: Helpline Advisor (Hybrid working)
Location: Dover, 100% office based during your training, then 50% office based and 50% Working from Home based on performance and competence
Duration: 9 month FTC initially
Start date: ASAP
Salary: £21.5k increasing to £24.5k after completing a 6 month probationary period
Benefits: 25 days Annual leave + 9 Bank holidays this year, Free parking, 8% Employer pension contribution
Hours: 8am-8pm, 35 hours a week. You'll be allocated hours on a 4 week rota basis
Week 1: 8am-4pm. Week 2: 10:30am-6:30pm. Week 3: 12pm-8pm. Week 4: 9:30am-5:30pm.
Once in 5 weeks covering the out of hours calls after 8pm (normally answering between 1-5 calls)
Culture: Supportive, empathetic, excellent training, career development opportunities, no 2 days are ever the same and you'll be supporting people with a wide range of enquiries, it's a really rewarding position.
Your team: You will work as part of a vibrant and committed team which is expanding in number, to continue the excellent work it does in supporting individuals and families. The advice line plays an integral part in providing advice, guidance, and support via the telephone helpline service. The work is extremely rewarding, by empowering people in real need, sharing information and providing them with the tools to support them through the process. You will be working in a supportive environment, providing team members with in-depth training on regulatory standards and procedures as well as committing to good practice.
Your key responsibilities as a Helpline Advisor would be to:
* Answer approximately 25-30 inbound calls a day
* Handle calls effectively, working in a timely way to ensure that clients are supported appropriately whilst ensuring that the helpline operates successfully.
* Work with interpreters as required.
* Undertake casework which may include complex or safeguarding cases as required to assist with providing that timely service.
* Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with clients and use support structures in place along with personal resilience to manage impact of challenging and complex casework.
* Ensure that a professional and courteous service is provided to all clients, both internal and external.
* Keep full accurate and up-to-date records and complete case follow up within the requisite time scales and undertake any necessary administrative tasks in relation to the work.
* Attend and participate in team briefs and meetings, participate in training and appraisal processes as required
* Adhere to Data Protection regulations and GDPR
Skills and experience required;
* Customer service experience ideally within a call centre environment
* Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel and databases
* You'll need to be resilient with an empathetic approach
The recruitment process:
* You'll need to have a CTC
* 5 years continuous residency in the UK
* A valid Passport
1 MS Teams Interview with - a Team Leader who loves their job after 7 years and the Recruitment Officer who said they likes working for the company because they "like making a difference and supporting people with the process".
If you're interested in this position and have the skills and attributes listed above then please apply today.
* Please note if you're suitable and your skills match the role you'll receive an e-mail from us. Remember to call us on 01233 611780 ASAP/within 24 hours to discuss the position in further detail with Bonnie (Candidate Manager) or Nicola (Permanent Consultant). We look forward to your application.
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.