Management Accountant (6 month FTC) | Mid-Kent/Hybrid | up to £30k
Our client, a business that has continued to grow throughout the last few years are looking for a Management Accountant to join them on a 6 month fixed term contract. Your main experience would be within management accounting tasks including preparation, accruals, prepayments etc. and you support in the month/year end reporting processes. You will be working on a Hybrid work pattern with around 2 days in the office.
Responsibilities include: -
• Line management 2 members of staff
• Assist in the month end processes
• Review accruals and prepayment schedules, ensure accuracy and agreement to ledgers
• Review monthly and quarterly Internal Audit packs prepared by the Assistant Management Accountants
• Review and post month-end journals
• Perform balance sheet reconciliations
• Review/prepare individual site management accounts with commentary on key variances
• Attend monthly management accounts calls with site Managers and Operational Directors
• Support the year end process, including liaising with external auditors
• Support the maintenance of the accounting ledgers
Individuals will require the following skills, experience and abilities in order to be considered for this role:
• Experience in the preparation of management accounts, accruals, prepayments etc
• AAT Level 3 or above and working towards a recognised accounting qualification
• Strong MS Excel skills are essential.
• Excellent stakeholder relationship management skills.
• Proactive and ambitious, looking to grow and develop with the role.
• Ability to work to strict deadlines and meet month end reporting targets