Scrum Master Brighton - Hybrid £50,000 - £60,000
Your new company
They are the world's leading marketplace for equipment and content for photographers & videographers. They pride themselves on a workplace that is great for everyone, one that celebrates diversity in all its forms, and where everyone who works for them feels like they can be themselves and be treated fairly, equitably and respectfully. The company has established themselves in Brighton, Brooklyn (New York) and Berlin. This means they are now in a new phase of growth and are proud to be expanding across a number of departments. As part of these exciting growth plans, they are looking for a Scrum Master to join our dynamic and friendly company where every employee has the opportunity to make an impact and take their careers to the next level.
Your new role
Within this phase of growth, this is the right time to join as a Scrum Master. The role looks after our development teams' well-being and improvement journey, resulting in increased delivery, transparency and predictability within teams and across departments. They have a high level of ownership and accountability which will empower you to drive change and improvement across teams. Psychological safety is the fundamental basis of all improvement journeys, so it is the top priority for the Scrum Master.
A keen investment in technology is at the forefront of the company's mission with a clear vision of what their product should be. They take a cloud native approach to development and infrastructure with lots of room for experimentation and improvement. They foster a culture of quality and openness within the team. This role is based in our friendly head office in the heart of Brighton, with a team of co-located skilled engineers and product professionals. They currently operate a hybrid working pattern to support days in the office alongside days working remotely.
What you'll need to succeed
* Passionate about Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Lean Thinking, eXtreme Programming, SAFe, LeSS, and other Agile frameworks.
* Experience in playing the Scrum Master role for at least four years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
* Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
* Understanding and experience with widely successful Agile practices and techniques such as Value-driven User Stories, TDD, Continuous Integration, Automated Testing, Pairing
* Experience using Jira to both organise scrum team work and to drive reporting
* Excellent communication, coaching and mentoring skills
* Highly organised and with strong problem-solving drive
* A sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company's success
What you'll get in return
The company support our staff and their careers in every way we can.
They provide 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, 4% employer contributory pension scheme, private healthcare from your start date and flexible hybrid working options.
You will also have access to their EAP, a range of employee discounts, a buzzing social calendar and a dog friendly workplace.
At the time of writing, all office based staff are on a rota system, combining optional time in their covid-secure office with working from home.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.