Job Title – Web Developer
Location - Maidstone
Our Client is an agency that leads digital transformation in user and customer experiences. Their team of UX designers, strategists, developers, creatives and digital marketers take complex digital problems and deliver solutions for some of the world's biggest brands.
They have a culture full of energy and aspiration. With collaboration as a core value, they have built a team that blends skill sets, viewpoints and expertise to deliver the highest standard of work, work that balances creativity and technology through a clear agile, UX framework.
They have worked hard to make sure that those working for them are part of a team doing meaningful work, they even work from their own coworking space in Maidstone, a place built to inspire innovation and collaboration.
They are looking for a WordPress/Front End developer based in their Kent office with two or more years of commercial experience and a proven ability to take design prototypes and build outstanding web experiences, as well as maintain and grow their existing sites.
If you have a passion for technical excellence and have the communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with their clients, then this could be a great role for you. This is a hybrid role, with two days a week in the Maidstone office working with the wider team, and the rest of the week can be remote.
• Developing innovative, high-quality websites and web solutions
• Presenting and rationalising your work internally and to their clients
• Work both independently and as part of a wider team to deliver on web solutions
Person Spec – Must Have’s
• A love of web, creative technologies and digital innovation
• At least two years demonstrable on-the-job experience in developing websites
• Highly proficient in WordPress, and ideally WooCommerce, for custom website development
• Experience utilising NPM and task/build tools such as Webpack or Gulp
• Experience utilising MySQL for database management and migrations
• Experience with using Github for version control and creating pull requests
• Experience with building out sites from Adobe XD, Sketch or Figma files
• A dedication to coding excellence and continuous personal development
• An ability to work across multiple projects simultaneously
Who they are looking for!
• Worked with a good range of third party APIs
• Experience in Tailwind CSS
• Experience with the Bedrock/Sage framework and starter theme
• Working knowledge of both Vue and Laravel
• A good working knowledge of SEO best practises
• An understanding of accessibility standards
• Experience with cross browser and device testing
• Experience with deployment pipelines via GitLab or DeployHQ, for example
• Experience with WordPress’ Advanced Custom Fields plugin
• Experience using project management tools such as Teamwork, Basecamp or Trello
Offering a competitive salary dependent upon experience, ranging from £26,000 to £32,000.
They are looking for people who want to contribute to team development and overall business goals and to grow in their remuneration accordingly.
• 23 days holiday per year
• 3 additional volunteering days per year
• Company pension
• £300 training budget per year
• £300 equipment & home working budget
• Rewards, discounts, freebies, health & wellbeing offerings and more
• Regular team events & away days
• Flexible Working policy - 2 days working at their modern town-centre studio & co-working space, with the remainder remote/from home as you choose.
• Parking allowance