Group Assistant Management Accountant| West Kent/Hybrid| £35k - £45k
A fast paced; highly acquisitive private equity backed business based in West Kent has a vacancy within their group function to join their growing organisation. They are looking for an experienced finance professional ideally at Finalist/Newly qualified level to be a pivotal part of the ever growing group function. You will need excellent Excel skills as well as outstanding communication skills to liaise with the Exec team.
The purpose of this role is to support the Group with the monthly reporting, budgeting and forecasting, communicating with all of the operational areas to build management information for the group.
The Main responsibilities include:
• Preparation of management accounts across the businesses including liaising with departmental managers in relation to budgets, actual spend, forecasts and variances
• Preparation of month end group consolidated reporting
• Balance sheet reconciliations for multiple companies / sites.
• Assisting with annual budget preparation
• Raising intercompany invoices between different parts of the group.
• Posting intercompany journals to support the management accountants, the transactional team and the Group Financial Control function.
• Assistance with intercompany reconciliations.
• Supporting Senior Finance team in ensuring adherence to financial reporting timetables.
• Assisting with group audit.
• Verifying financial statements against accounting systems.
• Preparation of monthly interest payments and interest calculations for group borrowing arrangements
What you will need:-
• Ideally ACCA/CIMA/ACA Finalist or newly Qualified, however will consider Part-Qualified as a minimum
• Experience in Consolidated Accounts
• Strong Excel
• Excellent Communication skills and used to supporting the Executive Team
• Previously worked in a group function with some intercompany experience.
• Good at problem solving.
• Good accounting systems experience