Sub Agent or Assistant Site Manager or graduate for civils construction permanent job in Sussex
Your new company
Working with an established southern civils contractor with a turnover in excess of £90m. Involved with projects upto £15m. Projects predominately with Environment Agency; Water; Marine; rivers and Infrastructure sectors. They are involved with highways and bridge construction; civic improvement works, such as developing public areas in a natural, ecological environment; sites of special scientist interest or conservation areas; Windfarms, pumping stations and electrical sub-stations etc. They are an appointed member of a National framework for civils work.
Your new role
Working alongside the Senior Site Manager responsible for -
* overseeing sub-contractors, organising plant, and materials
* keeping the lead manager updated on progress
* Managing materials on site from deliveries to distribution
* Ensure site records are kept up to date
* Carry out site inductions and toolbox talks
* Keeping photo progress records
* Attend meetings when required
* Working hours for this role are generally 7.30am - 5.30pm - Monday to Friday inclusive.
* This role is site based, although there may a requirement to work from regional offices when required.
What is required
* Knowledge and experience of civils works
* First Aid and SEATS (preferable but training can be given)
* Environmental awareness.
* IT literate.
* Good communication skills.
* Pro-active problem solver.
* Getting involved in all aspects of the construction process including pre-construction
* Current driving licence.
What you'll get in return
This will be a great move for the next stage of your career and round out your civils knowledge. It comes with a good salary (which will be discussed according to you experience) plus an excellent package. The company value their staff and many have worked their way from junior roles to senior members of the team, and are pleased to mentor and guide new members of the team.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.