Job Title: Customer Logistics Team Leader (50% WFH/50% office)
Location: Folkestone but Hybrid Working
Salary: Call us on 01233 611780 to discuss or message me on Linkedin for full details
Company: A global manufacturing company
Hours: Monday-Thursday 9am-5pm, Friday 9am-4pm
* 24 days annual leave (you can buy/sell 2 days per year) plus 8 bank holidays
* 3% discretionary company performance related annual bonus
* Up to 9% matched contribution pension scheme
* Health cash plan with healthshield
* 50% working from home and 50% working in the office
The Customer Logistics Team Leader is responsible for ensuring the UK Customer Fulfilment team provides excellent customer service to support this significant "bricks and mortar" retailer channel, acting as the key liaison point between the customer, logistics providers, and the companies internal teams.
Your key responsibilities
* Manage the day-to-day tasks of a team of 2 direct reports and ensure they are on track
* Run team meetings
* Allocation of workload across team to meet business needs
* Take responsibility for training and development of the team, identifying gaps and organising the relevant training
* Motivate the team to carry out daily tasks within required deadlines
* Get the team to explore new possibilities to resolve outstanding queries and reduce the list of non-compliances
* Building positive relationships with internal stakeholders (Sales, Logistics, Returns, Marketing and Finance) to help improve the overall customer experience.
* Conduct appraisals and be involved in the recruitment process as needed
* Proactively identify efficiency improvements/removal of touch points/order consolidation possibilities
Customer Service - Order Management:
* Oversee and control the day to day operational function of the UK Customer Fulfillment team, ensuring that all the customer service levels are achieved
* Daily order entry onto SAP (EDI and manual orders), ensuring the validity of orders by checking delivery addresses, products, prices and stocks & confirming back on customer portal wherever required.
* Controlling the release of orders to third party Distribution Company to ensure customer delivery dates are met,
* Ensure effective communication on specific requirements including short lead time orders and stock issues with third party distribution partners to enable orders are picked in a timely and efficient fashion.
* Control of customer invoice queries, control of query investigation and challenging noncompliance issues, managed on customer portal.
* Work closely with finance.
* Maintain effective communication with Account Managers regarding specific accounts.
* Support to colleagues within the customer service team.
* Maintain report on daily interface - tracking all deliveries are in line with month end reporting.
* Identify trends to pro-actively manage accounts.
* Ensure month end processes are followed and reporting are up to date and correct
* Any additional ad-hoc reporting as requested
Health and Safety
* To ensure oneself is aware of, understands and follows all Company Health & Safety instructions - accident/incident reporting, first aid etc.
* To report any accidents or near misses to the Health & Safety Officer.
Skills & Knowledge
* Excellent interpersonal skills, in both written and verbal communication
* Capability to relay information effectively externally to customers and internally to colleagues.
* Good knowledge of MS office programs, especially Outlook, Word and Excel
* Knowledge of data entry into mainframe computerised business systems; SAP experience within Sales, Materials Management modules is an advantage.
* Numerate, confident and accurate with figures, with a strong attention to detail and capability to self-check work.
* Ability to be self-motivated and manage workload effectively essential.
* Experience of leading a team or project desirable
* Occasional travel may be required
* Knowledge of SAP an advantage
* Previous experience within a manufacturing environment desirable
If this sounds like an ideal position for you and you have the experience outlined above, then please apply today.
Please note if your skills match the requirements for the job then you will receive an e-mail from us (remember to check your junk mail). If you do please call us on 01233 611780 ASAP or within 24 hours to discuss the position in further detail with Bonnie (Candidate Manager) or Nicola (Permanent Consultant).
We look forward to receiving your application.
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.