Care Worker looking for adhoc shifts, flexible working or long term temporary assignments? Join Hays today
Temporary / adhoc basis
£9.99+ per hour (inclusive of holiday)
With national partnerships with large care agencies and many relationships with local care organisations and charities we are continually looking for skilled Care Workers to pick up temporary and adhoc shifts in the West Kent Area. We have a number of sites across Sevenoaks, Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge and Malling and the surrounding areas where we currently have a demand for adhoc cover.
Through working with Hays, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the best care providers in West Kent based in residential and care home settings. We are able to offer flexibility in terms of working hours, that suit you. Whether you are looking for full-time or part-time work, we want to hear from you.
As a care worker you will be assisting vulnerable individuals with personal and practical care, medications, daily activities, trips out, socialising, accessing the community, and leading a more fulfilled and independent life.
Depending on your experience your working environment may differ from working with adults with severe learning disabilities, elderly and dementia. You will be expected to and have a willingness to provide a high level of personal care for the individuals you are caring for.
In order to be successful, you should be passionate about providing a high level of care, dedicated to your role as a support worker and have the ability to offer kindness and compassion.
* A minimum of 6 months experience within a similar care setting in the last 2 years (Hays must gain references to cover this experience).
* Be flexible to travel - driving licence and own transport is preferable to get to shifts, but is not a necessity
* Be flexible in your availability - this role is most suited to those who are available most days of the week
* Experience with providing support and care to adults or children
* NVQ Level 2 or Level 3 are desirable but not vital.
* Competitive hourly pay rate available
* Holiday pay
* Flexible hours: early shifts, late shifts, long days, waking night and sleep-in.
* DBS support if you are not on the update service.
* Free mandatory training including: Infection Control
* Access to additional free online training
* A personal service with a dedicated consultant
* £250 referral scheme
What you need to do now:
If you are an experienced care worker and are interested in this role click 'apply now' or forward an up to date copy of your CV to Nina or call 01622 235689 .
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.