Stock Condition Surveyor - Interim Contract
Stock Condition Surveyor - Local Authority - Proposed 10 week contract
The main purpose of the role is to undertake stock condition surveys for all the Council's assets (around 160 in total), both operational and non-operational, which are predominantly non-housing assets.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following competencies/attributes:-
* A minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar field, together with a relevant construction related qualification.
* Good experience and knowledge of building pathology, identifying defects and remedies, building construction types, mechanical or electrical infrastructure, Health and Safety legislation, codes of practice, relevant legislation and current standards.
* Track record of undertaking stock condition surveys / disrepair surveys and experience of identifying and prioritising condition needs.
* Ability and resilience to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
* Good judgement, able to identify priorities, key issues and make suggestions to address.
* An ability to work self-sufficiently.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* Ability to make clear, informed, appropriate and timely decisions.
* Experience of using a wide range of ICT software.
* Ability to travel independently around the District.