A rapidly growing primary care company has an administration post available at their hospice facility in Pembury. The successful candidate is required to work 37.5 hours per week on a fixed term contract until March 2022 with a possibility of being extended and will report to the lead nurse
The post holder will provide a central point of contact of access to the home (and at times PCAS) ensuring day-to-day administrative duties are undertaken in a timely manner. The post holder will provide a high standard, smooth, efficient, and organised administrative support at service level, liaising with the senior staff on duty and carrying out day to day administrative duties. An aspect of the role will be developing good working relationships with both the primary care teams and healthcare professionals from other organisations. They will also act as a point of contact for services users for PCAS.
In accordance with the local guidance, the post-holder will monitor referrals into the home and PCAS and book appointments with the team.
The postholder will be required to:
* Monitor and manage referrals to ensure that all referrals to the service are dealt with efficiently and effectively.
* Support team members with onward referrals.
* Process telephone and e-requests for appointments.
* Provide patients with appointments and respond to patient queries where required to address concerns.
* Ensure all appointments are booked in appropriately and respond to queries from colleagues.
* Answer incoming phone calls, transferring calls, taking accurate messages, or dealing with the callers request appropriately.
* To effectively deal with enquiries both in person and by telephone in a polite and courteous manner, demonstrating customer care awareness.
* Recognising and responding to clients who have communication barriers.
* Initiating contact with and responding to, requests from team members and external agencies.
* To accurately input data into the patient's healthcare records, as necessary.
* Support colleagues within the home to complete tasks efficiently and effectively and as directed by senior members of the Primary Care team including GPs.
* Follow agreed protocols for the home.
* Ensure infection, prevention and control guidance is applied in practice.
* Support the provision of equipment for patients who require virtual monitoring in their homes.
* To accurately input data into the Long Covid and Performance databases.
* Liaise with senior staff to support smooth running of the service.
* To provide administrative support in the organising of team meetings, assist in sending invitations and distributing any papers. Record and prepare draft minutes of meetings, specifying decisions made and following actions required.
* Manage frequent interruptions during the working day from telephone and individuals which may result in ad hoc changes in prioritisation of workload.
* Establish and maintain an efficient filing system.
* Manage mail, responding where appropriate and directing/prioritising to assist in the efficiency of service delivery.
* Work with wider team to manage disposable stock levels and equipment, reporting shortages to the Lead Nurse.
* Ensures the privacy and dignity of all patients is maintained.
* Promote equality and diversity in a non-discriminatory culture.
* Supporting colleagues and responding to requests, working effectively within the wider team.
* Takes responsibility for ensuring compliance with all relevant practice policies/guidelines, e.g. confidentiality, data protection, health and safety.
Training and Development
All employees should understand that it is their personal responsibility to comply with all organisational and statutory requirements (e.g. health and safety, infection control, equal treatment and diversity, confidentiality, safeguarding adults and children, information governance).
* Engaging in professional development to maintain current knowledge, skills and performance.
* Participate in one to ones and performance assessment
* Undertake additional training where necessary/as required to provide enhanced services.
* Complete all mandatory training required by the role.
* Participate in any training programme implemented as part of this employment.
Connect2Staff/Connect2Kent, part of Commercial Services Trading/Kent Ltd, is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.