As a member of the service and maintenance team, you will be responsible for undertaking various pre planned and reactive service and maintenance tasks encompassing either, CCTV, Access Control, Security Systems equipment. You must demonstrate a knowledge of Security System British/EN Standard and knowledge of SSAIB Standards. You will be required to participate in the company’s on call rota.
As an experienced security system engineer, you will be expected to maintain a professional manner and provide a high level of customer service at all times. This security systems engineering role will require service, maintenance and testing of security systems.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities are to:
• Servicing / maintenance, testing of Intruder Alarm Systems – IP Surveillance Systems and Access Control Systems or related equipment, following drawing of electrical layouts and building plans in accordance with SSAIB and relevant Codes of Practice/Policies.
• Servicing / maintenance, testing of Disabled Refuge, Public Address, Call System & Induction Loops in accordance with relevant British Standard and other relevant Codes of Practice/Policies.
• Liaising with ARC (Alarm receiving centres)
• Maintaining safe work environment at all times and have a good understanding of Health and Safety i.e. Method, Risk assessments, safe working procedures etc.
• Client training and demonstration of systems to explain the systems working and functionality.
• Responding to out of hours service calls.
• Experienced in a range of disciplines & have been responsible for delivering NSI services.
• Full UK Driving Licence (Essential).
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
• Good Fault / Problem solving skills.
• IT and Networking knowledge would be advantageous.
• Flexibility to travel further when required.
• A team player, someone who works well within a small team.