We have an exciting opportunity for a Buyer to join our Procurement night team based at our site in Aylesford. A driving licence is essential for this role and hours are between 18:30 and 04:30, 5 shifts per week on a rota basis.
The successful candidate will arrive on site in Aylesford at the start of their shift, and then travel to Covent Garden Market in a Company vehicle to purchase products to fulfil customer orders. All travel time to and from London will be within working hours.
The Night Market Buyer is specifically accountable for:
- Selecting and purchasing fresh produce and dairy products in New Covent
- The quality, quantity and cost of products purchased
- Loading vehicles with the use of a Counterbalance Fork Lift Truck - training will be provided
- Safe & efficient delivery of products back to site at Aylesford
What does the job involve?
This role plays a vital part in our operations cycle. The purpose of the role is to ensure we consistently offer our customers great availability by accurately and efficiently selecting and purchasing fresh products from market, with a maintained focus on quality and cost.
- Working collaboratively with the Procurement Manager on the day to day purchasing of products.
- Ensuring the accurate quantity of suitable quality product is sourced, at a price consistent with business requirements.
- Reporting daily to the Procurement Manager and Operations Team regarding any purchasing shortfalls or shelf-life concerns.
- Use of Counterbalance forklift in the market (unloading and loading of pallets, retrieving orders from New Covent Garden market suppliers).
- Completing purchasing records accurately, including goods receipt notes, traceability and quality of assessment records.
Key Skills / Experience
- Driving licence is essential for this position
- FLT licence is desirable, however full training will be provided
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Trustworthy, self-motivated and proactive with a high attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills coupled with confident decision making & prioritisation skills
- I.T literate, intermediate MS Office (Word/Excel)
- Previous experience in fresh produce is preferred but not necessary
- 18:30 – 04.30, 5 nights per week on a rota basis, flexibility is essential in order to meet the requirements of the role
Watts Farms is a third-generation family-run farming business, established in 1952. Growers, Packers and Distributors of fresh produce supplying the hospitability industry across Kent, London, and surrounding areas. We also offer a Home Delivery service, offering freshly picked fruit and vegetables from our own farms as well as a full range of grocery, dairy, alcohol, and pantry goods. We pride ourselves on quality!
What we can offer you…
- 31 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Payment reward for friend referrals
- Pension Auto Enrolment
- Development & Training opportunities
- Onsite canteen area offering daily refreshments
- Child Care Vouchers
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment.
Please note: Employment checks will include Drugs & Alcohol test