The Logistics Team Leader will be responsible for making sure products reach their destinations safely, securely, and on time. Goods receiving and booking in of product onto the company's business system. Packing and raising dispatch paperwork, including processing of 'factored product'. Provide administration support to the Sales Office Manager, Manufacturing Manager and Quality Manager and other individuals and departments as and when instructed by senior management.
Line manage Logistics Assistants.
* Use of IT systems, delivery times, evaluate performance & quality.
* Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and targets
* Ensure all shipments comply with export licence controls
* Receiving goods and completing the booking in process on the Glovia ERP system and in accordance with company processes and procedures.
* Pack finished goods post Final Inspection and raise all necessary despatch paperwork in accordance with company processes and procedures via the Glovia business system.
* Maintain shipping logs to ensure all goods are despatched on the due date.
* Arrange collection of goods with couriers
* Liaise and negotiate with customers and suppliers.
* Assist in the generation and maintenance of all necessary office scanning and filing.
* Keep track of quality, quantity, delivery times and efficiency.
* Manage staff. Carry out annual appaisals and be involved in recruitment for the department as and when required.
* Manage staff training issues
* Review freight rates and other transporation costs to keep working costs low
* Allocate and manage staff resources according to changing needs
* Comply with laws, regulations and ISO requirements.
* Maintains quality throughout the logistic processes.
New Appointments Group, Expertly Matching Employers and Jobseekers since 1975.
Committed to diversity, equality and opportunity for all.