Working in a traditional setting with a modern outlook for the venue, this role will support the General Manager to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the bar, and duty management of events and activities to provide high-levels of customer service and satisfaction for those using the facility.
* Running the bar for events to include setting up, opening and closing the bar
* Maintaining the bar - weekly line cleaning, cleaning and restocking the bar
* Cash management, including setting up floats and cashing up
* Running activity and stock reports from the till system (EPOS)
* Tracking margins and sourcing stock to maximise profit margins
* Working within a budget and reporting against that budget
* Doing the weekly stock-take and ordering stock as required
* Recruiting, training and overseeing casual members of bar staff
* Developing the bar and café offer
* Generating ideas to increase bar revenue
* Building management and operational duties, such as meter reads, fire alarm tests, maintenance reviews
* Housekeeping duties to ensure the building is clean and well-presented for all users of the building
* Admin support if necessary
The hours are 37 per week, over 5 days to include weekend and evening working and as the Bar & Duty Manager, you will be expected to work evenings and weekends regularly and cover the majority of events. This a great opportunity for a candidate with experience to progress to the running of the venue. You must be willing to be flexible and adaptable and work within a small team to provide an excellent service. Your experience will be from within the events/hospitality sector. The role could lead to becoming permanent.
New Appointments Group, Expertly Matching Employers and Jobseekers since 1975. Committed to diversity, equality and opportunity for all. Twitter: @nagforjobs