We are looking for an experienced Bookkeeper/Accounts Assistant to join our team either in the New Romney or Maidstone office. You must have a flexible approach and have previously worked within an accountancy practice in a similar capacity. You will work in an established team and be responsible for assisting clients to bring their varying accounting systems to completed trial balance/draft statutory accounts level.
You will manage the end to end bookkeeping process, filing of VAT returns and Companies House statutory returns etc. We have a wide variety of clients, from sole-traders and partnerships through to limited companies and are able to offer hands-on bookkeeping and accounts processing guidance to clients.
- In due course assist clients to maintain their books and records to a high standard ready for production into statutory accounts, to include control account reconciliation on clients` behalf where required
- Data entry / data processing
- Use of Cloud Accounting
- Completing VAT returns
- Company Secretarial filings at Companies House
- Responsible for answering client queries
- Any other ad hoc duties as required
It is essential that you have good communication skills and are confident and supportive in your approach. You will also be able to work well under pressure and have strong IT skills.