Established in 1952 and online since 1999, Childrensalon is a fast-growing, award-winning, forward-thinking retailer, specialising in dressing children beautifully.
Childrensalon believes there is beauty in diversity and difference, as resembled by our wonderful team. Our vision of being the most inclusive, diverse, and humane company is very important to us as is our culture of fairness, openness, and transparency. We are committed to the career progression and advancement of every team member as well as welcoming the best external talent in the industry. We offer a fun, challenging, collaborative, family-oriented work environment in our fast-paced and rapidly growing business and in turn will provide you with the opportunity to grow your career and make a difference.
Facilities vision is to “provide a ‘ forward thinking’ , efficient and innovative Facilities service that consistently nurtures a creative and safe environment for our family”.
Due to our continued growth we are looking for a dedicated Maintenance Team Leader. Reporting to the Facilities Manager you will lead the maintenance team to maintain the smooth running of the department. This includes any new projects within the company or overseeing property management
- Day-to-day management of all maintenance tasks, on site or at other Childrensalon premises.
- Mentor and inspire the team to promote positive attitudes, safe work practices and exceptional work standards. Lead by example, providing
guidance, training and motivation to upskill the team.
- Manage team through daily dynamic meetings, regular catch-ups, reviews and constructive feedback to the team.
- Work closely with the senior members of the facility team to effect, timely and open communication throughout the department.
- Instigate regular communication, planning and liaison between the different areas of Facilities to ensure optimum workflow and efficiencies.
- Identify and eliminate the root cause of breakdowns.
- Oversee and document routine inspections for buildings, grounds, fleet and Autostore.
- Adhere to and champion health and safety awareness.
- Monitor the teams’ workflow and standards in order to maintain a safe, comfortable and secure environment for staff and visitors.
- Feedback workflow statuses and concerns to the Facilities Manager.
- Escalate issues which cannot be resolved by the team.
- Maintain Facilities team time-keeping with CoreHR and approve monthly timecards, holiday and sickness absence.
- Live and breathe the Childrensalon values.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Solutions based independent thinker for trouble shooting and problem solving.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to multi-task & prioritise duties in a fast-paced, deadline sensitive environment.
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player who is passionate about helping the team and striving to improve.
- Quality checking, keen eye for detail.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage and delegate tasks and workflows to the team.
- Be available and approachable, offer support and guidance, with empathy, kindness and discretion
- Excellent work ethic.
This role is based at our Head Office in Tunbridge Wells. Childrensalon offers a highly competitive salary, company pension plan, health plan, fully subsidised gym membership, in-house yoga classes, company shuttle, generous holiday allowance and company discount.
If you are interested and think you would thrive in this role, please apply to [email protected] with your CV and covering letter about why you would like to work for us. Previous applicants for Facilities Team Leader need not apply.