Management Accountant | Medway | £30k – £35k
Great opportunity for a hands on management Accountant to join a successful SME based in Medway. Reporting to a fun, down to earth Finance Manager, you will be required to provide effective financial analysis to support the Finance Manager and for the accurate production of weekly and monthly management accounts and financial reporting on a timely basis.
This is an all-encompassing role that will include accounts payable and receivables tasks in addition to the production of Management Accounts and reports, KPI reporting, VAT returns, balance sheet recs and assisting with yearend.
Skills and experience:
• Previous experience as a Management Accountant or Assistant Accountant within a production environment would be advantageous
• Sound experience and knowledge of basic and advanced accounting & financial principles and practices
• Excellent knowledge of supplier and purchase ledger reconciliation
• Strong attention to detail with a well organised approach to interrogating and manipulating large volumes of data from a variety of sources
• The ability to summarise detailed data and information and present conclusions to finance and non-finance individuals clearly
• Able to prioritise according to company reporting deadlines.
• Comfortable working with and without supervision, knowing the right time to seek advice and ask questions
• Good working knowledge of financial software
• Excellent knowledge of using Microsoft Office programs with strong skills in the use of Excel including the use of pivot tables
• An analytical mind with excellent communication and presentation skills
• An engaging, friendly and approachable personality, who can influence successfully at all levels within the company
• A hands-on individual who can adapt and process change