Transport Supervisor – Dartford, Kent
We are seeking an experienced Transport Supervisor to join our busy operation in Bean, near Dartford.
The role requires route planning and maximising use of our vehicles; liaising with customers, drivers and colleagues; ensuring the fleet is looked after to a high standard; legal compliance and health & safety excellence; maintaining accurate and up-to-date records; and working as part of a friendly, dedicated team.
Forestrall Timber & Fencing Merchants comprises two branches in Kent serving many industry professionals, including building contractors, joiners, carpenters, landscapers and fencing contractors, as well as DIY enthusiasts.
Most of our work is in and around the London and Kent area and we work on a multi-drop basis. We deliver to both construction sites and customers’ homes. We run a fleet of drop-side vans, flat-bed 7.5 tonne lorries and crane off-load lorries.
Main duties include:
· Plan the routes of all deliveries and ensure the economical and efficient use of transport
· Supervise a team of up to 8 drivers
· Liaise with customers to advise of delivery time and deal with incoming calls regarding deliveries e.g. queries, re-deliveries.
· Ensure drivers comply with the rules on working time in accordance with the Road Transport (Working Time) Regulations
· Keep abreast of transport legislation
· Manage and ensure servicing, maintenance and condition of vehicles is kept to a high standard
· Manage and analyse the vehicle fleet and driver information using Tachomaster
· Maintain comprehensive, up-to-date and accurate records
· Monitor and manage fuel consumption
· Manage and maintain the company’s Congestion Charging and Dart Charge accounts
· Arrange payment of transport related invoices/charges
· Assist management with Health and Safety issues associated with transport
· Assist with the company’s FORS accreditation and FTA membership
Skills and essentials:
· Excellent knowledge of transport legislative requirements
· Excellent communication and customer service skills
· Excellent analytical, numerical and organisational skills
· Minimum of 2 years in a supervisory position
· Class 2 driving licence advantageous but not essential
· Transport Manager CPC qualification desired but not essential
· FORS Practitioner status advantageous but not essential
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 7.00am to 5.00pm and alternate Saturday mornings 8.00am to 12.00pm.
Holiday: 20 days a year (5 days to be taken during Christmas/New Year business shutdown), plus Public/Bank Holidays.
Workplace pension plan.
Salary range: £28,000 to £30,000 per annum, depending on experience
If you want to start a career at Dartford’s number one Timber and Fencing Merchant, then please apply in writing with CV using the Apply button, telling us how you think you are suited to this role.
(NO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES PLEASE)