My client, a fascinating commercial business bridging the third sector, is seeking to recruit an ethically minded, forward thinking Finance Manager to join their expanding company.
The company`s focusses on community interest and development sector with demand for their services is growing all the time. With the retirement of the current incumbent, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a business that makes a real impact in the local community.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a professionally recognised accountant or QBE who has a strong grounding in charity and project accountancy.
Your Duties Will Include
- Production of monthly management accounts
- Assisting with the preparation of the annual budget and support for budget holders
- Line management of the Finance Team
- Production of the year end accounts and financial returns
- Cash-flow management and forecasting
- Leading on finance systems integration
- VAT and statutory returns
To join us as our Finance Manager, you`ll need:
- To be fully qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with a minimum of 1-2 years` post qualification experience
- High attention to detail and the ability to meet tight regulatory and financial deadlines
- Strong systems knowledge, with Excel at advanced level
- Previous experience in the charity sector and an understanding of SORP
- Experience of the timely production of management and statutory accounts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Professional integrity and accountability are key requirements and the overall package supports this ethos.
Farrer Barnes Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. Farrer Barnes Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.