FNH UK provides solutions for weapon design, production and mounting requirements for Infantry, AFV, and Naval platforms.
FNH UK originally traded as Manroy Engineering Limited which was formed in 1975 to support the spares requirements of the British Army.
Since July 2014 it has been a wholly-owned subsidiary of Belgium-based small arms manufacturer FN Herstal, S.A., in September 2017 the Company changed its name to FNH UK becoming more embedding into the Herstal Group of Companies.
The role of Mechanical Designer will report directly to the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
• Act as a product manager for the relevant products that you are responsible for and be the first point of contact for any technical
questions/issues relating to these products.
• Update and implement the design procedures as and when required to support the group philosophy
• Oversee the departments creation and management of Technical Data Packs (TDP’s), which shall include, but not limited to, all technical
and production documentation required for the manufacture of company products.
• Ensure that the configuration management process is undertaken, managed and in line with the FNH group policy
• Ensure that all new designs are undertaken in conjunction with and approved by the company Design Authority.
• Provide Post Design Support (PDS) and continuous improvement for all existing legacy products.
• Review the current design procedures and propose changes to encapsulate a progressive move to a ‘3D Model Based’ production
• Manage the data contained within the company ERP system and recommend changes/improvements that would benefit the business.
• Ensure the department derives and manages project plans for the individual development work packages that the department is
• Work with the FNH team to implement a transition away from the current legacy CAD and Configuration systems, in support of the group
• Provide technical expertise and guidance to FNH UK operational staff is support of our products.
• Ensure the department maintains the approved skillset to provide inputs and maintain the MoD AESP’s
• Provide technical illustrations required for technical publications (IPC/UHB) and in support of sales proposals and Company presentations
• Provide technical support to internal and external customers with regard to drawing queries, concessions, NCRs (Non-Conformance
Reports) etc. Including supplier visits (UK and Abroad) where required.
• Investigate / approve TCRs providing proposed solutions.
• Design and produce drawings for fixtures and tooling required as part of the industrialisation of new products/components.
• Proven Engineering experience within an ISO9001 approved environment.
• Engineering degree qualifies (or equivalent experience).
• A good working knowledge in the use 3D CAD systems (Creo, SolidWorks and Solid Edge)
• Experience of precision machined components, welded fabrications, sheet metal and castings including manufacturing
• Understanding of BS 8888 (BS 308) including geometrical tolerancing and limits and fits.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc.)
• Understanding of the importance of working to procedures within a company quality system
Please forward your CV, to [email protected]
NO AGENCYS APPLICANTS WILL BE ACCEPTED