Interim Finance Analyst | Kent/Hybrid-Agile Working | £40k - £45k
A large, National distribution business with a Kent based Head Office requires a Finance Analyst to join them for a period of 6 months, possibly longer. The purpose of the role is to provide support to the Distribution management teams to enable them to achieve the business objective of sustainable profitable growth, with key focus on effective operational delivery. This role will be supporting a number of depots in the network and as a result, travelling between the sites on a regular basis will be essential (company car will be provided).
• Provision, analysis and interpretation of weekly and monthly reports to enable Distribution Centre performance to be monitored and enhanced
• Production of monthly management accounts and variance analysis
• Provide weekly flash and monthly forecasts of depot costs and volumes
• Reporting and monitoring of KPIs & volume on a weekly basis
• Close liaison with the Distribution Centre management teams to help identify trends, new opportunities, underperformance and such other issues as may enhance the performance and profitability of the business
• First point of contact for Distribution Centre management teams for Finance related matters
• Assist in the production of robust Budgets and Forecasts
• To maintain departmental MI/SAP systems.
You will be a customer focussed individual who is imaginative in their approach to identifying new ideas and methods. You’ll enjoy working collaboratively with a dedicated focus on driving results. You will be resilient – accepting and learning from mistakes and building future solutions. Naturally, you will embrace an inclusive working environment and be committed to acting with integrity and honesty in everything you do.
Required skills and competencies:
• Ideally qualified or past finalist (e.g., CIMA/ACCA) who is looking to take the next step in their career
• Advanced level MS Excel skills
• Excellent communication skills and have the ability to liaise with both finance and non-finance individuals
• Ability to work alongside various senior stakeholders
• Experience in a fast paced and commercial working environment
• Accomplished interpersonal skills