Job Title: Security Maintenance and Callout Engineer
Reports to: Technical Manager
Role type: Perm
Hours: 45 hrs per week 8.30-17.30 plus on call/overtime hours
Location: South East/London
Purpose of Role: Installation/maintenance etc of security systems and equipment in domestic, commercial, industrial, and public properties. Ensure that all equipment is installed, maintained correctly and to specification ensure that client’s premises are left as found. To maintain good communications with all staff and customers and to promote the Company and act professionally at all times.
This is a highly visible role within the organisation, as such the post holder will need to be an ambassador for Red Alert and Red Alert’s clients at all times, a professional outlook and approach is mandatory.
Key Role Responsibilities:
Servicing and maintaining various intruder, fire, CCTV, access control systems and emergency lighting.
Working towards and exceeding maintenance and fault-finding targets.
Demonstrate systems for customers and explain details such as the causes and consequences of false alarms.
Be part of an on-call rota for OOH callouts and telephone support (currently one week in six).
Understanding the clients’ needs and fulfilling all jobs required
General day to day Responsibilities :
1. Liaise as appropriate with administration team and technical manager regarding work schedule.
2. Installing / maintaining security equipment to relevant BS, BAFE and or NACOSS codes of practice.
3. Ensure company and or client health and safety policy is adhered to at all times.
4. Attend callouts as directed or requested by administration staff or customers.
5. Complete a detailed worksheet for every job.
6. Return faulty equipment or decommissioned equipment as appropriate.
7. Record all equipment used on the worksheet.
8. Act as liaison between clients and company where necessary, record relevant/required information on worksheet.
9. Ensure all equipment specified is correct and make amendments as agreed and as necessary.
10. Carry out on-call rota as required.
11. Keep and maintain all Company equipment and uniforms and ensure that any faulty equipment is reported.
12. Keep van clean, tidy and road worthy advise Technical Manager of any accidents or faults
13. Responsible for any van stock issued and ensuring that all stock is accounted for.
14. Attend office for van and stock checks as requested.
1. Complete a weekly time sheet.
2. Ensure van stock is up to date.
3. Attend the weekly performance meeting.
1. Attend the monthly engineers meeting.
• Carry out any ad-hoc visits such as surveys and questionnaires when required
• Assist the rest of the Engineer Team if required at busy times.
• Attend training course/sessions as and when required
Full UK Driving license
Experience Minimum 2-3 years industry experience
Network/IP based product experience
Experience of undertaking service, repair work
Experience of conventional and addressable fire alarm systems across a range of manufacturers equipment
Full understanding of NACOSS codes of practice;
Ability to demonstrate a solid knowledge of various intruder panels, particularly Texecom, Galaxy, Menvier, Scantronic & Pyronix
Good Fault finding skills
SSAIB would be considered
Assessments – demonstrate how to carry out intruder alarm maintenance,
Excellent people skills
Attention to details
Good verbal and written communication skills
Ability to adapt to change
Ability to work well in a team and on your own
‘Can do’ positive approach
Diplomacy and empathy
Ability to take ownership of your role
Ability to work in a dynamic environment
Team ethos and excellent work ethics
Motivation and expectations Desire to develop skills and abilities
Motivation to meet and exceed own/team targets
High expectations of self and others