Cover Supervisor - Performing Arts / Drama Specialist
Temporary Posting to July 2021
Full Time Role
This secondary academy seek to appoint a new Cover Supervisor specialising in Performing Arts or Drama from May 2021 and until July 2021. A cover supervisor is an important role in any secondary school providing valuable cover in the absence of a teacher.
In addition to its core purpose the role also provides pastoral support and mental health support to students. It ensures that students are in the correct classrooms and at times provides small group and 1:1 learning for pupils not able to join normal learning.
Cover Supervisors will cover a range of subjects using pre-planned lessons and resources. They are not expected to expert knowledge in every subject rather they are called upon to have the ability to think on their feet and be adaptable in the face of new challenges. A keen sense of humour and an ability to develop relationships are key character traits in this role. In this particular role the Cover Supervisor will focus a lot of their time in the Performing Arts and Drama departments.
In order to be considered for this Cover Supervisor role you must have:
* A basic understanding of the current secondary school curriculum
* Experience teaching or supporting in Performing Arts / Drama
* A proven ability to work with students of secondary school age
* A strong personality and character able to regularly meet challenges and overcome them
* The ability to adapt and innovate in a classroom
Working with Pearson Whiffin Education to find your next permanent job means you get:
* A consultant with 15 years of recruitment experience in secondary schools in Kent
* Support writing and developing your CV and application form
* Support at every stage from interview preparation to contract negotiations
* A hassle-free experience focused on getting you the right job
* An educated ear to listen when you need to discuss a vacancy in more detail
To discuss this role in more detail before applying please contact me now.
This role not right for you? Know someone who should apply? Recommend them to us and we will reward you with £250.00.*
Pearson Whiffin Education offer a specialist recruitment service to schools and school based staff across Kent including Margate, Ramsgate, Canterbury, Ashford, Swale, Maidstone, Tonbridge, Tunbridge Wells, Gillingham, Chatham, Rochester, Strood, Gravesend and Dartford.
Pearson Whiffin Education are always looking for new candidates. Please contact us if you are a teacher, cover supervisor, teaching assistant, premises manager, premises assistant or school specialist administrator and you are looking for your next job opportunity.
*Terms apply - for more information contact us today.