An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Financial Accountant to join a highly successful organisation based in Sidcup on a 3 month contract.
Whilst reporting into the Group Head Of Finance you will be managing a team of two and will be responsible for the delivery of year-end financial accounts and assist with the external statutory audits.
The successful candidate will ideally be a qualified accountant with experience working within a charity. However a PQ or finalist may also be considered.
* Preparation and submission of year end statutory accounts
* Consolidate group accounts under Charities SORP
* Provide timely, accurate and reconciled accounting information for the group.
* Support the production of management information, financial statements, budgets and forecasts.
* Reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
* Provide support and advice on accounting issues
* Provide project support and costings and participate in project group meetings to ensure full understanding of the business and requirements.
* Drive process improvements and efficiencies through system changes/implementation.
* Assist with the reconciliation of complex sub ledger accounts
* To ensure that VAT, tax and statutory returns are submitted on time.
* Line management, development and supervision or two members of staff.
* Qualified Accountant ideally, PQ may be considered.
* Charity accounts preparation experience
* Consolidation experience
* Reconciliation experience
* Excellent Excel skills
* Self-motivating and enthusiastic
* Organisational skills
* Leadership and management
Salary up to £38K
3 month contract