Pitman Training is the leading supplier of Microsoft Office, AAT bookkeeping/accounting, secretarial and administration training in the UK, with over 185 years of experience. Our portfolio also spans IT, graphic design, web design, legal, medical, social media and more.
We are looking for a Course Advisor to work across both centres, who will inspire our prospects into making the right choices to achieve their career aspirations and/or help their business to upskill.
ABOUT THE JOB:
This is a fantastic sales opportunity for someone who genuinely shares our passion for training and self-improvement. You’ll need to have an interest in people and strong rapport-building skills. You’ll be talking on the phone, over Zoom and face-to-face with a variety of people plus sending lots of emails so great people and writing skills are a must.
• Telephoning prospects who have enquired through our website, following up in email, appointment setting.
• Advising and selling to potential students in face-to-face meetings and over the phone.
• Closing sales.
• Offering skills, careers and employability advice.
• Strategically/selectively ‘cold-calling’ and relationship building with Kent businesses in order to win corporate business – there may be the requirement for occasional Kent-based travel in order to visit corporate prospects.
• Meeting set targets.
• Ideally, you’ll have experience within the training or recruitment sector – if not, you must have some relevant experience to draw on in order to advise people on future careers – perhaps you’ve interviewed people for many roles previously.
• Experience of selling would be highly advantageous.
• A strong desire to help people – although this is a sales role, our advice must always be ethical.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• An understanding of counselling, mentoring or NLP would be helpful.
• Creative problem-solver – we speak with people from all walks of life with diverse requirements that will require you to think ‘outside the box’. You’ll have to be able to think on your feet and have the confidence to answer questions you’ve not heard before.
• The confidence to speak professionally and ‘hold your own’ with corporate customers.
• Attention to detail is a must as is the ability to ‘muck in’ within a very small team.
• Your customer service skills must be top-notch; we are a premium brand and our students and clients deserve exceptional service – even if that means you have to go the extra mile, sometimes out of hours.
• Microsoft Office skills would be helpful, but world-class, certificated training will be given, free of charge.
Part-time. We are flexible for the right candidate.
Negotiable depending on hours and experience. Minimum OTE of around £25k in the first year with an un-capped commission structure; we hope you’ll be earning significantly more than this!
Please email your C.V. to [email protected] with covering message explaining why you are suited to this role. We’ll leave it to you to decide how to ‘pitch’ your ‘pitch’, so feel free to ensure you stand out. C.V.’s sent without a covering message will not be considered.