Join a fantastic organisation as a Deputy Manager in a children's home in the Canterbury and Herne Bay area.
Deputy Manager - Children's Home
Canterbury & Herne Bay
Permanent - 40 hours per week - and on call
£26,000 - £30,000 per annum depending on experience
This fantastic National Children's services provider currently care for thousands of children through their Residential Homes, Fostering Service, Schools/Academies, Multi-Disciplinary and Integrated Sites. They specialise in working with children and young people who have complex needs including: behavioural, emotional, social, learning, physical or combination.
They are currently looking for Deputy Managers based in the Kent area specifically to assist in the management of their Children's residential homes. Homes will vary in size but typically will be home to 3-10 residents.
You will assist the Home Manager in maintaining the smooth running of the home by promoting a harmonious culture by co-ordinating, supervising, directing and facilitating the team in delivering high standards of care. Protection and support to the children and young people by facilitating their physical, psychological, emotional and social development.
You will be responsible for creating a safe environment in which the children and young people feel emotionally & physically secure, and facilitate the guidance & the development of their self-esteem and full potential.
* Knowledge of Management theories
* Management Qualifications
* Management training & experience
* Training in supportive skills (i.e. counselling)
* Knowledge of Equal opportunities & diversity models
* Up to date knowledge of Childcare & Child Protection Laws
* Child related/Social care qualifications
* Experience in operational & strategic management skills of children, staff & service Resources
* Experience of working with abused children in a residential setting
* Experience of facilitating, organising and directing & developing teams
* Experience of using childcare Standards & best practise model to guide decision making
* Awareness of group dynamics in residential settings
* You will be subject to mandatory onboarding background checks
Join a fantastic organisation with supportive management and:
* Salary £26,000 - £30,000 depending on experience
* Annual leave entitlement
* 40 hour working week with a Mon-Sun rolling rota
* Welcome bonus of £1,000 upon completion of 6 months probation.
What you need to do now
If you are an experienced Deputy Care Manager with experience across Children's care and are interested in this role click 'apply now' or forward an up to date copy of your CV to Maria or call 01622 235689 .
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.