Looking for a new challenge and a change? Join a training programme to transition from adult to children care
Care Manager / Registered Manager - Children's home training programme
East Kent - Canterbury, Dover and Sandwich
Permanent - 40 hours per week inclusive of on call duties
£30,000 with salary increases up to £48,000 following completion of training programme.
This fantastic National Children's services provider currently care for thousands of children through their Residential Homes, Fostering Service, Schools/Academies, Multi-Disciplinary and Integrated Sites. They specialise in working with children and young people who have complex needs including: behavioural, emotional, social, learning, physical or combination.
They are currently looking for Adults Care/Registered Manager to join a training programme for the management and running of children's homes across the East Kent area.
This training programme will give you the opportunity to transfer your experience and skills from Adult settings into a children's setting.
You will join the training programme to enable you to maintain the smooth running of the home by promoting a harmonious culture by co-ordinating, supervising, directing and facilitating the team in delivering high standards of care. Protection and support to the children and young people by facilitating their physical, psychological, emotional and social development.
You will ensure that the children and young person's primary and developmental needs are priority by working to develop a strong caring ethos based on the organisation's statement of purpose. Creating a safe environment in which the children and young people feel emotionally & physically secure, facilitating the guidance & the development of their self-esteem and full potential.
* Must have experience of working with children at some stage of your career to be eligible for the training programme.
* Must be a CQC Registered Care Manager in an adult setting - not elderly.
* Knowledge of Management theories
* Management Qualifications
* Management training & experience
* Training in supportive skills (i.e. counselling)
* Basic knowledge of IT
* Knowledge of Equal opportunities & diversity models
* Social care qualifications
* Experience in operational & strategic management skills of Adults (not elderly), staff & service Resources
* Experience of working with vulnerable adults (not elderly) in a residential setting
* Experience of facilitating, organising and directing & developing teams
* Experience of using Care Standards & best practise model to guide decision making
* Awareness of group dynamics in residential setting, experience of translating policy into practice
* You will be subject to mandatory onboarding background checks
Join a fantastic organisation with supportive upper management and:
* Fantastic training programme to give you the skills needed to transfer from adult care management to children care management
* Starting salary of £30,000
* Increase of salary to £44,000-£48,000 on completion of training programme (6-12 months)
* 34 days annual leave entitlement
* Welcome bonus of £5,000 upon completion of 6 months probation
* Potential to earn up to an additional £12,000 per annum as part of the company bonus scheme - once you have completed the training programme.
* 4 weeks paid sick leave per year
What you need to do now
If you are an experienced Registered/Care Manager looking to make a move from Adult care to Children's care and are interested in this role click 'apply now' or forward an up to date copy of your CV to Maria or call 01622 235689 .
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.