Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) - Competitive Salary and Car Allowance
Benefits of being a CareTech Employee:
25 days holiday + bank holidays
Flexible Additional Holiday Purchase Scheme
Dedicated learning & development programmes.
Access to a wide range of free online courses for all staff on a variety of topics
DBS check paid by Caretech prior to starting with us.
Refer a Friend Reward Scheme – earn up to £250 per referral!
On site parking
Share Save Scheme
Free Employee Assistance Programme
Annual Employee Awards Evening
Employee recognition schemes
Carer progression within the company.
CareTech Foundation – Opportunity to apply for family and friend’s grants.
As HR Business partner, you will partner closely with the Managing Director and key stakeholders across our Adult Services Division for South, Central & the Dove Project to provide pragmatic, impartial and consistent HR advice in line with policies, procedures and legal requirements. You will have a solid understanding of UK Employment Law and be comfortable communicating to all levels of seniority.
You will undertake a variety of projects such as staff surveys, engagement, wellbeing, HR process and procedure.
This role will hold a generalist remit including employee relations, succession, restructuring, harmonization, TUPE as well as other HR projects.
You will work closely with and develop strong relationships with other support functions such as Recruitment, Learning & Development, Finance, Payroll & IT.
1. Building trusted relationships with senior stakeholders and leaders in the business;
2. Providing strategic and day-to-day leadership to drive the delivery of HR plans;
3. Using experience, skills and knowledge of the HR industry to make an impact in key areas such as change management, employee engagement and talent analytics;
4. Assisting in building strong talent pipelines;
5. Leading a small HR team, including HR Admin and HR Officers, based out of two regional offices
6. Supporting line managers across the business on organisational structure and design;
7. Undertake periodic reviews with Operations Directors, their teams and Key Stakeholders about their designated sites, ensuring that important matters are discussed with clear identified outcomes;
8. Support the Recruitment team where applicable;
9. Senior ER Casework - to provide professional and legislatively compliant advice on Human Resources issues, and support managers where appropriate on disciplinary, grievance, capability and harassment and discrimination cases using a problem solving approach and ensuring risks are flagged to the Head of HR and MD;
10. Provide advice and guidance on all aspects of the Employee lifecycle e.g. probation, progression, maternity, paternity;
11. Support with Redeployment / Redundancy consultations;
12. Where required attend and chair formal meetings;
13. Undertake the lead for employment tribunals for your services and liaise with ACAS on early conciliation;
14. Provide HR presence at relevant Governance / Operational meetings;
15. Provide monthly HR stats to the Board;
16. To advise and support managers on the management of sickness cases in accordance with the company’s absence management policy and the Equality Act, liaising as appropriate with Occupational Health physicians;
17. Monitor and review exit interviews;
18. To undertake project work and policy development work as directed and guided by the Head of HR and / or MD;
19. To keep abreast of developments in employment legislation and case law and ensure that managers are appropriately briefed on relevant changes and new legislation;
20. Ensure that relevant codes of practice and policies are adhered to and that procedures relating to safeguarding matters are followed.
Experience and Skills Required
• Minimum of CIPD level 5 qualification;
• Previous experience in a care environment, preferably in Adult Care;
• Knowledge and understanding of Adult safeguarding principles and protocols
• Driving license —the job holder is required to spend time in the services and attending meetings at various offices, not all of which are easily accessed on public transport;
• The ability to travel across the UK which involves some overnight stays as required. Key locations include Kent, London, Essex, Hertfordshire, Surrey, Sussex, Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire, Norfolk and Plymouth;
• Strong strategic and commercial awareness;
• The ability to work autonomously;
• Relevant knowledge and experience within a strategic HR position;
• 2 year’s previous experience in a HR Business Partner role or equivalent;
• A sharp intellect, well developed communication and problem solving skills;
• Demonstrated capability at delivering and sustaining change.
• CIPD level 7 qualification;
• Experience in a commercial business.
• Personally aligned with our core values and beliefs; Person-centred; Friendly; Innovative; Empowering; and Positive;
• Puts the needs of the service user at the centre of decisions;
• Exemplary communication skills – effectively communicate with people at all levels within the Company;
• Comfortable with ambiguity and decision making;
• Can take a stand when necessary;
• Brings energy and value to discussions. Upbeat and positive;
• Reads situations and people well — can spot the right thing to do;
• High level of energy, urgency and drive. Can cover ground quickly;
• Resilient — is not afraid of a challenge or hard work;
• Sound, well-developed influencing skills — able to build collaborative relationships quickly and effectively;
• Patience – a calm and measured approach to a frustrating situation;
• Team player with willingness to help others and go above and beyond.
CareTech Community Services Ltd is a provider of specialist social care services supporting 5000 adults with a wide range of needs in more than 300 services across the UK. Committed to the highest standards of care and governance, we provide innovative care pathways for people to live in community settings with learning disabilities, severe physical disabilities, autistic spectrum disorder, challenging behaviour, mental health, forensic needs and acquired brain injury within a range of settings including, supported living services, shared housing, residential services and outreach. We encourage people to take control of their lives – this could be finding employment, having an active social life, learning new skills or building self-confidence.
CareTech Community Services are proud to inform you that they are a “Disability Confident Leader”.
Successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure prior to commencement of employment, the disclosure expense will be met by the employer.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact every applicant. We will be in touch 7-10 days after receipt of your CV if progressing your application to the next stage.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES