Established in 1952 and online since 1999, Childrensalon is a fast-growing, award-winning, forward-thinking retailer, specialising in dressing children beautifully.
Childrensalon believes there is beauty in diversity and difference, as resembled by our wonderful team. Our vision of being the most inclusive, diverse, and humane company is very important to us as is our culture of fairness, openness, and transparency. We are committed to the career progression and advancement of every team member as well as welcoming the best external talent in the industry. We offer a fun, challenging, collaborative, family-oriented work environment in our fast-paced and rapidly growing business and in turn will provide you with the opportunity to grow your career and make a difference.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented Mid-Weight Creative Designer to further their experience within a creatively led, innovative fast-growing business. You will be passionate about marketing and delivering enticing content to our customers.
Your primary focus will be on Campaigns and Marketing materials for Childrensalon and Brands. Working closely with Editorial, Acquisition and UX teams, you will be responsible for creating campaigns and preparing pitches from concept to final product. Working to tight deadlines, you will need to be a passionate visual communicator with a knowledge of emerging trends and fundamentals of UI Design.
- Developing and executing work across; campaigns, digital and web design, digital banners, press ads, branding and packaging. An
understanding of animation would be beneficial.
- Collaborating with the whole team including: copywriters, marketing, designers, photographers, and project managers to help guide projects
- Research brands and understand positioning, building knowledge how to effectively communicate them within advertising campaigns and on
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off.
- Mobile first approach to campaigns.
- Create solutions to support Childrensalon PR and Marketing activities that adhere to the Childrensalon guidelines.
- Be a brand ambassador for the business.
To be successful you will need to:
- Strong conceptual skills and the ability to consistently generate original, innovative ideas and taking them from initiation through to concept
development and final designs.
- A portfolio that demonstrates strong on/offline design knowledge.
- Knowledge and experience in creating and developing new brands.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
- Knowledge of responsive design principles.
- Proficient in Adobe CC.
- Experience with animation and motion graphics.
- Ability to effectively and clearly present and communicate ideas.
- Be highly organised, flexible and be able to prioritise tasks.
- Have enthusiasm, energy and determination to achieve results.
- Be able to work autonomously while dealing with a heavy workload.
- Friendly and approachable for other team members, always offering advice and assistance where possible.
- Show a positive and can-do attitude, ability to collaborate and work with others in a constructive way.
- Excellent attention to detail- experience in working with fashion and luxury brands.
- Build strong, collaborative relationships with all members within the department and wider business.
This role is based at our Head Office in Tunbridge Wells, however, due to the current Coronavirus pandemic will require flexibility and some working from home.
If you are interested and think you would thrive in this role, please apply to [email protected] with your CV and covering letter about why you would like to work for us. Previous applicants need not apply.