A successful PE backed, product based business, with a strong reputation in the UK is seeking to appoint a commercially minded Financial Controller to lead their finance function. Reporting to the CFO, you will lead and take ownership of the finance function and team in the accurate preparation of the annual budgeting, forecasting and planning processes. You will develop and control the company's annual operating budget, ensuring that all financial targets are met and provide support across all areas of the business in order to ensure that there is a consistent focus on KPI’s and departmental performance.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Deliver a full finance pack for review by the board on a monthly basis
- Work with all areas of the business on cost control measures and efficiencies
- Manage and measure cash flow, profit and loss and stock control
- Maintain all necessary systems, policies and procedures to ensure effective and efficient financial management within the company
- Report on performance variances for budget holders
- Review capital expenditure monthly with budget holders
- Manage existing tracking tools and KPI's to match the budget, improving and introducing more effective processes where appropriate
- Manage and develop the team
- Supporting business critical projects
- Oversee treasury management in the business and produce cash flow forecasts
- Run the annual audit function, and liaise with auditors as and when required
You will possess a recognised accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA), with a proven track record of successfully managing finance operations and teams, ideally within a manufacturing or product based environment. Strong core accounting skill in addition to proven commercial acumen and the ability to add value will also be key alongside a hands-on approach. In addition, you will have strong relationship building skills with the drive and energy to deliver and add value. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a successful business with strong goals.