Project Implementation Engineer
Location: Paddock Wood
Salary: up to £40k
The Project Implementation Engineer is responsible for the implementation and documentation of customer projects, service transitions and infrastructure changes. This role would suit an experienced 3rd Line Engineer looking to move more into a Projects role or a current project Engineer with strong SharePoint skills
Responsibilities of the role:
· Implementation of IT solutions to meet and exceed our client’s needs, encompassing hardware, software and cloud-based infrastructures.
· Provide assistance to Tier 3 support team when necessary.
· Use the teams’ collective knowledge and experience to create and maintain best practice project templates to improve and achieve a consistent project delivery.
· Ensure projects changes are centrally documented and communicated.
· Develop project plans and identify any additional resources needed, develop schedules and monitor time budgets in our CRM.
· Understand overall project objectives.
· Ensure the project objectives and requirements are clear and agreed upon by all team members.
· Maintain awareness of all phases of the project to ensure on-time completion within budgetary requirements.
· Ensuring that risks are identified, communicated and mitigated and that projects are delivered successfully through to production.
· Improve customer perception and satisfaction.
· Escalate project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels.
· Communicate to customers: keeping them informed of progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages, etc.
· Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalogue and how it relates to customer’s needs.
· Assist with internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
· Enter all work as activities, service tickets, or project tickets into our CRM.
· Review IT publications and online materials to remain up to date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry.
· Engineer and implement system solutions for customers using technologies that meet their needs.
· Maintain awareness of the developing requirements of a customer and communicate these effectively to the internal sponsors and the Projects Manager.
· Regularly communicate with the client and the Project Manager regarding project progress.
· Design and maintain technical and project documentation.
· Project handover sessions to the support team ensuring knowledge is transferred enabling the support team to manage/support the environment.
· Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, SonicWall CSSA, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP.
· ITIL Foundation Qualifications.
· Knowledge and experience in cross-functional project management methods and techniques.
· Knowledge of IT applications, processes, software, and equipment.
· Strong organisational and customer service skills.
· Detailed knowledge and experience of their Solutions stack, specifically:
o Microsoft 365 solutions (incl. SharePoint Online, Intune, Power Apps, etc.)
o Azure infrastructure and services
o WatchGuard Fireboxes and Cloud services
o Veeam-based availability solutions
o Unifi Networking
o HP Servers, storage, and switches
· Skill in planning and preparing written communication and documentation.
· Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
· Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
· Service awareness of all organisation’s key IT services for which support is being provided.
· Understanding of support tools, techniques and how technology is used to provide IT services.
· Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
· Positive and passionate about technology.