Working within the Burtons Vehicles Systems fabrication workshop assisting with vehicle conversions and fleet maintenance.
Reporting direct to the Workshop Foreman.
Responsibilities & Duties
• Use tools and welding equipment to manufacture parts for vehicle conversions.
• Make templates for future use.
• Cage assembly and installation; assembling the various components and making ready for installation.
• Work with other members of the team in fitting the finished product into the vehicle.
• Occasional requirement to drive company/customer vehicles.
• Ability to solve problems as they arise.
• Keep a clean and tidy workspace.
• Observe and follow company safety rules and regulations.
Qualifications & Skills
• Good attention to detail.
• Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team
• Previous welding and fabrication experience
• Ability to measure and build without drawings or templates when necessary
• Ability to use hand tools competently
• Good timekeeping
• Good communication
• Full clean driving licence
• Specific training on the job will be given.