Tinder Corporation Ltd is a technology services business, providing sales, consultancy and support services throughout Kent and the South East.
We are looking for a bookkeeper / accounts administrator to join our team in a full-time role, 9:00am-5:30pm, Monday-Friday.
We are considered a key worker business and so during the current lockdown measures we will ask you to attend our offices, which have been made Covid-safe, for your initial induction and training, and then we will discuss your preferences for working in the office/working from home during the remainder of the lockdown (both of which are viable options).
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officers, your role will be formed of two key elements.
Firstly, you will provide a range of administrative and clerical services as required to successfully operate the financial functions of the business. This will mainly be focused on general book-keeping.
Secondly, you will provide a range of administrative and clerical services surrounding the sales order processing (SOP) requirements of the business. This may include stock ordering, purchase order processing (POP) and goods received.
In addition to the above you may be asked to complete occasional ad-hoc administrative tasks for the larger business, as needs dictate and where appropriate.
General Duties - (Finance)
• Full book-keeping activities including;
• Purchase ledger
• Nominal/general ledger
• Sales ledger
• Cash management.
• VAT processing.
• Bank reconciliation including credit cards.
• Credit control.
• Production of monthly management accounts (PNL, BS, CFF)
• Production of ad-hoc/sporadic management information
General Duties - (SOP/POP)
• Sales order processing including deal progression.
• Purchase order processing including direct order of stock.
• Sense checking goods received versus purchase order versus supplier invoice (purchase invoice matching).
• Supplier/creditor payment run.
• Customer invoicing
• Set and manage expectations through clear communication with our partners, clients and within the Tinder team.
• Must be able to work in what will sometimes be a high-pressure environment while consistently delivering a high-quality service to all.
• Represent the business to the required standard, ensuring that knowledge needs are satisfied.
• Ensure necessary systems, processes and procedures are followed in accordance with company objectives.
• Seek continuous improvement by challenging what can be improved upon and promoting efficiencies.
• Work as part of the Tinder team towards achieving the company objectives.
• Nurture and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues, suppliers, customers and other relevant business associates.
• Work within the ethos of the business, subscribing to our core values.
The successful candidate will need the following key skills/attributes;
• Experience of UK GAAP business accounting in a commercial environment.
• 5 GCSEs or equivalent at Grade 9 to 4/A+ to C, including English Language and Mathematics.
• A general knowledge of IT systems and software in a business environment (including Microsoft Office suite, but especially Excel).
• A basic understanding of general business management and structure.
Any relevant qualifications (IoB, AAT) will be considered a strong advantage, but are not necessary, as will experience of QuickBooks.
Our careful business management has ensured the financial stability and longevity of our company and despite the financial challenges the Covid crisis presents us all, we continue to grow and are looking for individuals to join our vibrant team as we continue to take our business to the next level.