Cedar House is a 40 bed hospital for adults with learning disabilities, mental health issues, personality disorders, autism and challenging behaviours, who are detained under the Mental Health Act. Cedar House enjoys a beautiful rural location situated in the village of Barham, on the outskirts of Canterbury and is easily accessible by public transport, being on the main bus route between Canterbury and Folkestone.
We are seeking a Control Centre Operator to join our friendly and established Administration Team, working a mixture of day and night shifts. The Control Centre is the hub of the hospital, and our Control Centre Operators are the first point of contact for staff, visitors and patients entering the secure area. The Control Centre is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
• Responsibility for the management of issuing and recording of secure keys and alarms to all staff entering and leaving the secure area.
• Effective management of the Control Centre area by air lock door control.
• Operate the telephone system and act as the focal point for enquiries.
• Manage the Company vehicle request system.
• Book meeting rooms for staff and visitors.
• Manage the internal and external distribution of mail.
• Provide cover for the absence of colleagues and in particular for the planned leave or absence of other members of the Control Centre team.
• Experience of working in a “front of house” role, ideally within a secure environment.
• Able to work well in a team, on own initiative and follow instructions
• Able to communicate clearly and concisely with visitors, colleagues and suppliers, both face to face and by telephone.
• Able to prioritise work and meet deadlines within a pressurised environment
• Excellent organisational skills
• Good working knowledge of IT systems, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and the internet
• Possess self-motivation, drive and excellent inter-personal skills
• Possess and present a friendly and positive attitude.
In return we offer a variety of excellent benefits including staff benefit scheme, free meals and drinks whilst on duty, induction and training opportunities, Life Assurance scheme, Group Pension, access to Occupational Health services and free car parking.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter via “apply now” alternatively please contact our Control Centre on (01227) 833700 to request an application form and information pack.