I am supporting a firm of accountants based in Medway who are looking to appoint a Payroll/Accounts Assistant. This is a varied opportunity and they are looking for someone who has strong experience in Payroll who will be able to support the Payroll Manager during busy periods and also cover for the Payroll Manager when needed. You will also be required to spend time in either the accounts department or with the tax team depending on your experience so it is key that you have the payroll experience and also accounting or taxation experience. Understanding of cloud accounting is key.
- Supporting the Payroll Manager
- Maintaining payroll records
- Processing weekly and monthly payroll for external clients from start to finish.
- Inputting and processing of all relevant data required for the payroll
- Calculate and process SSP, Maternity and Paternity pay,
- Running payroll reports.
- Issuing tax forms (P60`s and P45`s) at the end of the tax year and when staff leave employment.
- Dealing with furlough
- Dealing with queries
- Inputting data
- Liaising with the HMRC
- General bookkeeping
- Accounts preparation
- Preparing VAT returns
- Maintaining accurate accounting records
- Bank Reconciliations
- Completing CIS returns
- Any other general accounts and administration duties as and when required
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications currently being received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.