We are currently recruiting for a Welfare Benefits Adviser to provide a comprehensive welfare benefits advice and income maximisation service to Clarion customers.
Some of the main responsibilities include:-
* Ensuring income maximisation through the take up of appropriate benefits and applications for discretionary awards.
* Giving advice, guidance, assistance and support to tenants with regard to income maximisation and state benefits ensuring customers are not financially excluded.
* Keeping up to date knowledge of and sharing information on, all key welfare benefit changes, both legislative and administrative, as appropriate.
* Supporting and representing Clarion customers with the benefit appeals process including attendance at Housing Benefit First Tier Tribunals.
* Providing reports and statistical analyses of caseload etc. as required.
* Assisting with the completion of Universal Credit rent verification requests.
* Initiating and / or participating in take-up campaigns and other outreach activities as required.
* Developing and maintaining productive links with key stakeholders and partners.
We're looking for someone with excellent written and verbal communications skills and a genuine commitment to providing an exemplary level of customer service. This role also requires you to have the following qualities:-
* A comprehensive and up to date working knowledge of the welfare benefit system and the latest welfare reform developments.
* Proven experience of providing in depth welfare benefit advice and in supporting people to challenge unfavourable decisions should this be appropriate.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to assist individuals who may have complex needs linked to vulnerability.
* A methodical approach to work, with sound organisational skills, operating in a team environment but also capable of working on own initiative, within corporate guidelines and statutory time limits.
* The ability to effectively manage own caseload with minimal supervision and to ask for support as needed.
If this sounds like an opportunity you'd be interested in, we look forward to hearing from you.
Please download a copy of the role profile here - Welfare Benefits Advisor
Closing date - 2nd September at midnight
Interviews will be held on 10th and 11th September
This post is subject to a Basic Criminal Record Check Clearance.